There’s no room for ‘schrooms in your dog’s diet

mushroom-poisoning-dogs

Mushroom poisoning occurs as a result of ingesting toxic mushrooms, which is a common hazard for dogs because of the amount of time they spend outdoors or in wooded areas, particularly in the summer and fall. Toxic mushrooms are classified into four categories, based on the clinical signs and their time of onset, and into seven groups on the basis of the toxin they contain.

However, because it is sometimes difficult to identify what type of mushroom your dog has consumed, you should always bring the suspected mushroom with you when you take your dog to the veterinarian.

Read the entire article on mushroom poisoning at PetMD.

Check the Pet Health Network for other tips on keeping your pet healthy in the fall.